Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Camera

"Ateerah dapat Card! yay. Tadi pamugari tu kasi. Dia baik sangat. Ateerah tak mintak pon tapi dia kasi. hihi."

"Alaaa...Arif nak jugak..nak aeroplane! yg Mas punya tu.. bila Arif besar kan. Arif nak jadi pilot. Nak lah ada aeroplane kecik dulu. Nanti bila dah besar baru ada aeroplane yg real. Haa. kan best kan Ateerah?"

"Ok ok. Arif jadi pilot. Ateerah nak jadi doctor. Aiman pulak? Tapi dia kecik lagi. Dia taktau apa-apa lagi la. Eyh..Arif nak gi mana tu? Nak ikut!"

Aiman was walking away from his seat towards the 'pramugari'. I followed him, I knew he wanted to ask for an airplane, that was why I followed him, I wanted one too. Just because he'll have one, I wanted one for myself too.

"Can I have airplane? "

The 'pramugari smiled at him and handed him a Mas airplane, the pramugari's name was Ziana. Since I 've entered kindergarden, I always read words anywhere and because the 'pramugari' had a nametag, I read it too.

"And I'm guessing you want one too, little girl?"

I didn't actually said anything, I was staring at her nametag. It must have been embarassing for her, because I wasn't even looking at her face. Well, I just smiled and I got an airplane as reward.

As I went back towards my seat, there was quite a commotion at the door of the airplane. Some one was trying to get in. But no one would let him in cause he didn't have a ticket. It lasted for quite sometime, which made the flight delayed. But he persuaded the cabin atttendents of the airplane and managed to get in.

" Here's the camera. Bila nak fly oversea mesti ada camera. Jadikan record. Hadiah daripada Abah. Jaga diri elok-elok... Mana Ateerah?"

"..."

"Sir, I'm sorry but you have to understand, the flight should have took off 20 minutes ago. I think you've had enough time to pass the camera to your family. I'd like you to leave the plane now, so the plane can take off. You are the cause of this delay and I hope you realise that you are giving us trouble. I am sorry but you have to understand."

"Don't apologize, it's my fault. I'm sorry."

With a final smile on his face, saying goodbye, he left. On the way going out, Abah saw me, kneeling down he kissed my cheek, and I could feel the sharp points of his just-shaved beard. It hurt my cheeks, but I didn't say anything. He didn't say anything.

And then he walked away.

Leaving us a with a camera.








No comments: