"I don't want to go to school! I don't want to school! Umi, I want to stay at home!"
"Tak boleh, Ateerah kena pergi jugak. Nak tak nak Umi bawak jugak"
" It's assembly now and I don't want to come in late. After assembly would be the dentist check-up. I really don't want to go Umi!"
"Tak boleh, Ateerah kena pergi jugak. Nak tak nak Umi bawak jugak"
" It's assembly now and I don't want to come in late. After assembly would be the dentist check-up. I really don't want to go Umi!"
I really didn't want to go to school today. I was always like that. Sometimes I just wanted to stay at home. Alone. Watching Tv. The magic show was on and I liked watching the magician doing magic tricks. It was cool. And how he cut the woman in a rabbit costume. Funny, but she seem to be okay in the end.
Umi wrapped my coat around me and lead me outside holding my hand. The destination was school. "No way" I said to myself. I cried and cried and cried, trying to go back to our house. But Umi seem to have all the strength in the world and kept holding on.
We arrived quite late and as I thought, they were still at the assembly. I sat there, with my red eyes. Umi seem not to notice. Or pretended too.
After a while, Ms Holiday, my class teacher came in, and she was followed by my other classmates. Arif had gone to school earlier today, he went with John, our neighbour. I planned not to go, that was why this incident happened in the first place. Umi had a word with Ms Holiday, I wasn't suppose to hear their conversation so I sat quite far away. All of my friends teeth were red, they looked funny, I started to smile.
Umi came back and said that she had to go to work. She told me to go to MAPA right after school ends with Arif. Aiman was left with Mak Ana, who always take care of Aiman when Umi goes to work and nobody's at home. Ms Holiday came to me and smiled. She answered my curiosity by telling that the Dentist asked all the students to eat some red chewy thing that made their teeth purplish-red. They were suppose to practise a perfect teeth-brushing habit for the whole week. If, next week, their teeth were still red, it meant that they weren't brushing their teeth consistenly. I was scared witless. Brushing teeth wasn't the most exciting thing to do and meeting the Dentist was a whole lot worser.
Umi wrapped my coat around me and lead me outside holding my hand. The destination was school. "No way" I said to myself. I cried and cried and cried, trying to go back to our house. But Umi seem to have all the strength in the world and kept holding on.
We arrived quite late and as I thought, they were still at the assembly. I sat there, with my red eyes. Umi seem not to notice. Or pretended too.
After a while, Ms Holiday, my class teacher came in, and she was followed by my other classmates. Arif had gone to school earlier today, he went with John, our neighbour. I planned not to go, that was why this incident happened in the first place. Umi had a word with Ms Holiday, I wasn't suppose to hear their conversation so I sat quite far away. All of my friends teeth were red, they looked funny, I started to smile.
Umi came back and said that she had to go to work. She told me to go to MAPA right after school ends with Arif. Aiman was left with Mak Ana, who always take care of Aiman when Umi goes to work and nobody's at home. Ms Holiday came to me and smiled. She answered my curiosity by telling that the Dentist asked all the students to eat some red chewy thing that made their teeth purplish-red. They were suppose to practise a perfect teeth-brushing habit for the whole week. If, next week, their teeth were still red, it meant that they weren't brushing their teeth consistenly. I was scared witless. Brushing teeth wasn't the most exciting thing to do and meeting the Dentist was a whole lot worser.
" Gather 'round now..take your milk bottle and finish them up, after that put it in the bottle container as usual. We're going to have class in 10 minutes ", Ms Holiday said.
I took my bottle which had a tag with my name on it and finish it up as quick as possible and tried to find my closest friend in class, Leenoly. I wanted to tell her how I tried to follow the act of one of the wrestlers in the Gladiator Show; how I glide down the rope. By using a hanger and a rope tied from the cupboard to the bed, I managed to glide down.
Fortunately Umi wasn't there, so she didn't see it. I don't know her what her reaction would be if she knew, though. Umi wasn't mean, she's the best mother I have, well, she is my one and only mother after all. But, you know.. a mother has to be strict at times, and tell you to go to school eventhough you don't want to. Mother knows best after all, they always say.
"Where is she?", I thought to myself.
Fortunately Umi wasn't there, so she didn't see it. I don't know her what her reaction would be if she knew, though. Umi wasn't mean, she's the best mother I have, well, she is my one and only mother after all. But, you know.. a mother has to be strict at times, and tell you to go to school eventhough you don't want to. Mother knows best after all, they always say.
"Where is she?", I thought to myself.
1 comment:
hey. u made a story eh?
Post a Comment